Thursday, April 12, 2007

Can do--Can't do

I'm sitting here starring at my students because that's what I am suppose to do during testing (a.k.a typing and surfing net). My new school dist. gives the students food and water during testing to spark brain activity...
Nice hook up for the LaShay
I'm staring at a student who has her head covered and I see her reading the package of her fruit snacks, I realize that she is looking for evidence of pork. Apparently, there may be prok resi in a bag of fruit snacks, because they sit unopened on her desk. Bonus, more food for me.
Another student told me she can't pray today, I inquired, she said because she's dirty right now....
I flipped out, I said you are not dirty because your body is functining and doing what it is designed to do... she agreed but said that is just was the way it is...
2 other students piped in and said that they were dirty and that they can't do a lot of things because of this fact. I asked, "is there any thing a man can do that would make him dirty and keep him from prayer?" They said no.
I said then it was rubbinsh. They can smoke weed, beat a woman, rape a woman, fornicate, knock up several women and still not be kept from prayer. Apparently so!
Needless to say I was irate: I made a public notice in my class that regardless of what goes on in their household, they will never be seen as unequal or dirty in my classroom.

This fell on deaf ears as they began to argue that men were more valuable as a whole.
I stopped the arguing immediately and said , not in my class!

Rules, rules, rules, that's all they have, demeaning, worthless, rules. The can-do and can't-do is endless and it only leads to more man-made rules. And the only reseult is a feeling of complete worthlessness for all who believe and follow the same and sometimes different endless, pointless rules.
People, I live in complete freedom. Not even my own stupidity and aimlessness at times can keep me from this innate, internal, and eternal freedom.
The very reason why these girls are told they are dirty (because of blood) is the very reason I am free (BECASUE OF HIS BLOOD). Jesus blood has never held me down, put me in a box, or demeaned me.
COMPLETE FREEDOM!
I have a can-do attitude today, and I can eat any kind of fowl creature i want. My gas may be bad, but it can't defile me. I don't have to cover my self, becasue if my beauty causes you to stumble, good for me, bad for you. "this why I'm hot, you ain't cuz you not." (please refer to actual retarded rap lyrics http://http://www.completealbumlyrics.com/lyric/131227/MIMS+-+This+is+why+I), I Can pray when ever I feel like cuz Jesus operates by the "open door" policy (please refer to Matthew http://http://www.biblelookup.com/cgi-bin/pbible.pl?maxhits=10&mode=context&corpus=nt&from=&to=&step=5&searchstring=ask&version=rsv&searchtype=find&boolop=exact&subs=+Next++%3E). MY RANT IS DONE

She's eating the fruit snacks... apaprently it's prok-free. Let's hope for her and the rule's sake.

5 comments:

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

Lasha, this post is really moving. It is so sad-sickening acually that a religion has shackled its people so much that they seem to live perpetually tribal and backward. Generations lost.

JADA said...

you just discovered this now...I am never done ranting and raving about this tragedy! I just don't have any one to listen to me at the moment who holds those beliefs... just you wait.. I'm sitting here primin' for the moment
p.s. look for muslim women wearing fingernail polish!

JamaJama said...

I have a beautiful muslim african woman in my class. She wears a black veil. I want to get to know her better, she seems strong and assertive. I see her interacting with the muslim men in the class and wonder why she doesn't bow her head in shame around the superior sex. She doesn't seem to. It's contradictory. The veil, her seeming boldness in an MBA class.

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

Why would you want to get to know a woman just because she appears to be a bold muslim? It is a political statement to her. Even more sad. A true bold woman would refuse to wear the veil.

cowboy said...

good blog LaShay. You are there for a reason. Keep it up. freedom rubs off.