Saturday, November 12, 2005

A writer's block


It is quite obvious what and who the inspiration for my thoughts are, but I am quite determined to become more than a mother with a few witty thoughts. Here are my near future goals ( I just was at a seminar discussing goals, it got me thinking). I'm already a teacher, I teach grammar and reading skills, so I've accomplished that; CHECK! Wife; Check. I'm a mother, CHECK. Now for the rest of my goals God centered and directed.
Goal 1: Young adolescent novel writer extrodinaire person
Goal 2: Homeschooler turned administrator of private academy of really really intelligent learners.
Goal 3: Not to become a soccer mom still "exploring" an idealistic career of fashion design for toddlers, or PTSA super star organizer while drinking coffee in a $30 tumbler while balancing a toddler and a cell phone as she walks a 3 wheeled stroller around the block of her next target (no child in her stroller, SUV in the parking lot).

My challenge is this, do I leave an unprofessional job of teaching underprivileged children that is somewhat rewarding, when the headaches have passed, to pursue goals that are a constant character building struggle to achieve? Or, do I settle for mediocre and keep signing that one year contract because the next year isn't guaranteed, to me or anyone else for that matter, for the sake of dreams that get bigger and bigger the more I ponder them? To be or not to be? I sit typing this as my 4 year old adds numbers a 6 year old is just mastering.
I conjure these dreams while my heart aches and bursts with anticipation for the unknown.
Onward Christian soldiers, the best is yet to come...

1 comment:

JADA said...

Oh look it is little baby Lasha and little Joe...