Saturday, November 05, 2005

A brother's love


Gabe's perspective on life is very percise and calculated. The questions he asks need a very specific respeonse, because he thinks about it and contimplates life on his own alot!
Mom and dad have to be very careful not to give conflicting stories, because he will catch us and question our parental wisdom.
So here are a few of his conversations between him and dad.
"When I get older can I sleep in mommy's bed more?"
"No, when you get older you will actually sleep in mom's bed less."
"Why?"
"Because Mom's my wife and I need to sleep in her bed, not you!"
"Well then I want to get married. How old do I have to be to get married?"
"25"
"25? Mom said 30 years old."
"No you can be 25 to get married.
"Well, is that how old I have to be to marry Azariah (4.5 years old)?

"Yup!"
How old do I have to be to marry Jasmine (11 years old)?"
"25 as well, but you can only marry 1 person."
"well then I 'd marry Azariah."

We were at our Fall Festival at church and I was in charge of the color wheel a Christian's way of gamblng, Guess a color and pray that it lands on that color, the prizes were very rewarding. Joe decided to help and we were the liveliest color wheel hosts around! We were cheering and owwing and awwing with the crowd, I chanted colors better than any colligiate cheerleader.
I believe Gabe was impressed. Although it was a mini carnival, it must have looked huge and amazing to a 4 year old. Oh how life beats the child out of an adult.
Gabe was in a 4 year old's wonderland!
Dad and Gabe's convo coming back from the fall festival
"Dad, is mommy changing her job now?"
"No, she just likes helping people."
"I like helping people, I want to be a hander-outer toy-boy too!"
"You're not going to be a police officer now?"
" I'm going to be a police officer, a toy-boy, and a teacher. Like mommy"
"What do you mean?"
"Well, mommy is a teacher, a helper, and a houser."
"Oh, okay!"
"Yeah you can't be more than 3 things!"
"Oh I see."
All conversations were translated from Joe to me. All conversations were relayed as accurately as possible. Due to time lapses, some comversations were edited for content. All stutterings were edited out as well.

No comments: