Sunday, November 20, 2005

Serenity NOW

Thanks to my artist friend Joel I can experience serenity any time of day.
So LaShay is in one terrible mood, so much so, that she has decided to speak of herself in the third person (people it's a defense mechanism).
Forgiveness is easy when a) you like the people wronging you.

b) you can relate to their position , you just don't agree with it.
and
c) a common good happened due to the wronging, meaning at least everybody wins in the end.

But when you don't like the person, their ways are always an enigma because they are inept and self serving 8 out of 10 times, and they allow the bad guy to win, I don't want to forgive at ALL. My stubborn head keeps justifying my position, and my heart keeps on harping on the whole issue, simply because it's unresolved. I certainly become the loser in the end because now my weekend is restless and I still am mad.
Serenity now!
Being mad hasn't solved the problem, talking about it never helps, because it still leaves the person inept and selfish. There is only one thing left to do, forgive them and mean it. The forgiveness part is easy, the meaning it part is the hardest. Every time I forgive someone who really makes me mad, I sincerely forgive them, but Satan and his sneaky minions bring my mind to the fault over and over again. It takes a while to mean it, but when I say it out loud I forgive them,... Eventually I mean it.
Here it goes... Selfish, inept person that I don't like and who wronged me... I forgive you. I'll let Jesus deal with you, because He looks out for me and nothing I could do will ever get me even, so here's my fire, I forgive you. I do, so keep wronging me, and keep doing what you're doing, because I'll just forgive you again and tell Jesus about you, and eventually I'll pray for you so much you'll lose sleep. And the truth is, I've already done that a half dozen times. Know that when you lose sleep it's because I'm praying for you. I don't pray about getting even but rather that your eyes would be open to the sin and the emptiness that you have created for yourself. My prayers are affective. I forgive you. I forgive you!

1 comment:

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

Is it just a coincedence that Star magazine is reporting that Celine Dion losing sleep? I think not.