Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My room finally has some personality





The last few days I've been a paintin machine. Ava and our room is complete. I only have Gab's and my bathroom to finish.
I've learned through my years as a painter, that if a color doesn't come to you right away, don't paint it a priamry green or a blood-dark burgandy. Paint a big ol splotch on your wall, stare at it, sit on it, think about it, change it up, flip it around, coordinate it; and when it finally is certain that you like the color, proceed with painting. You think this sounds a bit long-winded or over exerting, but I've actually painted a room three times not liking each color, and not just a wall. ALL 4 WALLS!
Oh yes, with time, comes great wisdom.

1 comment:

cowboy said...

Way to go. You are a champion nester. Does Ava have princes pink in her room?