Saturday, July 21, 2007

Confusement in KCMO



It happens to all of us, but this particular brain fart was extrodinarily dumb even for me.
I was really concerned about saving time because the kids were getting hungry and I just wanted to get from Lowe's to Walmart the quickest way possible. I'm not normally at this end of town so I still get a bit turned around as to the lay out of all the stores. Whatever my excuse is, I turned out of Lowe's parking lot onto a side road, and then drove behind Lowe's into another shopping complex. I proceeded to drive through the parking lot of this facility which is directlty behind Lowe's, and what turns out is also the WalMart parking lot. Even with my quickest route in mind, it still took me 5 whole minutes to drive around the whole building because all of the pedestrian crossings, to compound my already defunct plan the car dealership did not make it easy to drive through their 25 acre car lot, even if they made a road that cuts through it all. Needless to say, when I pulled into the WalMart parking lot and realized that it shared THE SAME parking lot with Lowe's it took a good 10 minutes for the stupidity to soak through the pride.
UGH

2 comments:

cowboy said...

A person needs an aerial map before attempting any shopping mall maneuver.

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

One time, while in AZ, Dad and I tried to find a Best Buy in a mall parking lot and got lost. So, I empathize.