Sunday, June 03, 2007

Precious moments trade-offs

Everyone knows that in order to be a mom there needs to be trade offs. Have you ever noticed as a mom you're non- existent in almost every vacation, graduation, birthday, and precious moment photo. The only occassions people know you were there for are your wedding and births. Sometings just have to give, and here are my trade offs. I don't have any photos of myself. When I need them for other vain reasons, I can't find a decent one. I have to look high and low to find an appropriate photo, but if there were a lot of photos of me, that means Joe would have control of the camera, and that's a big no no.
Ya see I know that Nara has to threaten her co-workers in order to get her face-shots, and I just can't afford to lose precious work time like that. And if I gave the camera over to Joe, to capture precious moments I foresee in a frame, there would be 300 shots of the same shot from 40 feet away, and slightly askew heads or centered shots and blury steady shots from a shakey hand. I love the man, but only 1 out of evrey 60,000 shots actually turn out. Hence my trade-off. Less of me, and more photos of my kids and my husband reading to my kids.

I read to my kids, theres just no proof.
I pep talk my kids at soccer games, theres just no proof.
Am I bitter, heck no,! Now I can afford to let myself go, because I know that the ratio of good photos to bad ones are very low!










4 comments:

cowboy said...

Hmm that's all I have to say. Maybe crop the dude out of all photos until he takes some good ones of you. There has to be some kind of punishment dreampt up.

JADA said...

Nice pictures of the family - Lasha!

JS said...

In oreder for these moments to remain precious for the rest of us, please refrain from appearing in any photo...

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

oooh, you should make this a game of "Where's La-Shay?"