Monday, January 07, 2008

The sweet sound of urine

For all of you who actually speak to us, you are well aware that we have been trying to potty train AVA. To no avail, she is stronger-willed and smarted than her parents. "They" are big fat liars who say that girls and the second-born are easier to potty train. LIARS, all of you!
But we have found her weakness! PRINCESSES. They make a potty training kit featuring: princess pull ups (training pants for the laymen), princess stickers, princess how-to poster and visual aid reminder, princess potty book, and a princess crown. The on-going theme of this box is SUCCESS!
It's been rough going, but we are in it to win it this time! This morning she woke up dry and tinkled on her potty chair! Which in fact she has choosen to hate from the get go.
Visualize this: In our bathroom I have a vanity (vanity not required to use the vanity!) and next to my bench, where I dry my hair and oogle, sits the lone potty seat. It's next to the step that leads to the bathtub, so it looks awkward and small. She has always hated it, she prefers the actual huaman size one. She has a Napolean complex, like nara... big personality, and doesn't see the size or maturity difference bewteen us and her, so the need to sit on the big potty doesn't surprise me. Anywho, she got these new flannel big girl Dora pj's, so she's really in the big girl zone. She takes down her jammies and sits there. She takes forever! Her big thing is to always say she's done, so being the skeptic I didn't believe her. When I looked down into treh hot pink bowl, EUREKA! Gold liquid.
After the tinkle, she got some high fives, a fun potty dance,and 2 M&M's and a Princess sticker. The bases are fully loaded folks. We're ready for a potty trained 3 year old.
Pictures to follow.

3 comments:

Lyz said...

Hey, sorry I didn't call you back the other day - I hope your family is still alive & well!

Here's my completely unsolicited advice about potty training - nothing. I mean, put NOTHING on them, from the waist down. Especially girls. Then they REALLY feel that urine. I let Leah run around like that for a couple of days, then with just undies for a while...she was trained in a week and a half. Of course, she never hated the potty.


Have you visited my blog yet?
www.modern-dayjane.blogspot.com

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

Yeaaaah Ava! GG is doing okay with potty training. Meaning, she only does it once in a while. and usually after see shes her older friends using the big girl toilet.

cowboy said...

way to go Ava. Way to go Momma.
In the old days they just used the absolute humiliation method.
"what do you mean you pissed the bed? Your gonna sleep in that piss smell and your not getting a new mattress. Are you mental or something?"
This seemed to work for me.I did not want to be mental.