Saturday, June 24, 2006

Dear Bernard



I am a mentor to 4 Teach for America teachers. My job is to sit there and observe them, I also am not suppose to handle the class at all because they are suppose to learn how to handle all kinds of discipline issues. However, the teacher/mom in me just can't bud out sometimes, and I do get bored watching a class operate without "doing" anything. Sitting, just sitting. Watching.
Anywho, I find writing little cartoon flip messages on postit's a very effective technique to communitcate to my class. This is an example of a clip message to one of my students.
Enjoy, and hope you don't receive one yourself.

4 comments:

JamaJama said...

lol. very funny. i must try with norm and subordinates. seems to be good technique to assuage frustrations

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

La-shay. You weren't lying, this is one funny post. Luckily your wit and humor can keep you smiling while you contemplate advanced GG is compared to Ava.

Adriel and Joel said...

i don't see an update.. this is old i read it yesterday

Lyz said...

I love you, Lasha! I think we should teach together someday - start our own school for kids with potential who don't know it and refuse to believe it from others?:)

Your kids are so lucky to have a mom who can put those complex thoughts into words - not the throttleing of the student thoughts...those aren't complicated. The ones about missing the kid who drives you nuts a majority of the time.

Mad art skillz, too, lady.