Friday, July 25, 2008

Khmer singing "This is the Day"

object width="425" height="350">

This is a video of the village people (american joke) singing this is the day in Khmer (what they call themselves, not Cambodian)
This village is a non believing village. But I will continue to pray that the words that theses kids sing will bare witness in their lives.

At the end of our time teaching English they sang a song that they wrote. The words were "thank you Jesus" and it sounded more like Sank you Sesus. It was precious and brought me to tears.
I prayed over the village that Jesus would protect them and that their hearts and ears would be open to learning more English and about Jesus. They take prayers very seriously and pray expecting some results. So I will continue this prayer. They are not use to dealing with a god who is alive and an active listener, let alone a god who answers. The statue of Buddah is dead or sleeping in most of their homes, and they have never questioned this. They also pray to their ancestoral spirits who are mostly deaf, because they don't answer thier prayers.
We were joyously received by this village and the children are forever etched in my heart. Especially the boy on the left in the video who was burned from head to toe. I don't know the story behind his severe burn, but his smile radiated in my heart. He picked up English quickly and was eager to gain my appoval. He loved his coloring book and crayons.
All the children and several parents (who looked 10 years younger than us, but were the same age) colored for 15 minutes and were so happy to receive this gift.
More pics to come.

3 comments:

JamaJama said...

Thanks for sharing these Lasha. I know that those kids will remember being touched by your efforts.

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

That boy is precious and so beautiful! I love hearing children sing. It always brings tears to my eyes.

Adriel and Joel said...

oh lasha this is so precious! waht a wonderful testimony!!