Friday, July 25, 2008

Cambodian Jewlery Party





2 Wednesday's ago we brought all the women who worked at the Children's home together, 3 house moms, 3 kitchen staff, and 1 teacher, and let them choose some jewlery. The jewlery was donated by Athena's aunt. The women also received a bag of shampoos and soaps. They absolutely loved all the gifts. They were trying on jewlery, laughing, watching for the set that looked best on each woman. Some of the ladies wore their jewlery throughout the week. They were very generous with eachother and did not covet the others choice or seem jealous or grabby during the whole process. Thier actions of "here, you choose first" were the opposite of what we saw in the village and throughout Cambodia, which was more me first, mine, give me.
I pray my heart can be like these women when I receive. It's gonna take a lot of work on Jesus behalf.

1 comment:

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

This is so sweet. I like how you noticed they were so sweet and generous with each other.