Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sir smelly Butt tells on himself


Jordan rolls up in a huge truck with a hot Nelly song playing. We both get soaked getting in and out of the vehicle, and running into the rental car establishment. We sit at his mock-cubicle and begin my paper work.
He stops, looks at me, and begins sniffing. "do you smell that?"
"no." I say a bit shocked.
Awkward!
Working with middle school aged beasts I'm very aware of unwelcomed smells,. but it happens and I'm trained not to react to them inappropriately. Jordan begins sniffing all around. He sniffs behind him, under the desk, he lifts his shoes to look for poo I assume, and then proceeds to look under mine, sniffing of course.
"You don't smell that?"
"No, I really don't"
He shruggs and continues to work, he shakes his head every few seconds and scrunches up his nose. He then stops working leaves his mock cubicle and walks over to the another co woker.

"Do you smell that?"
"Maybe it's your garbage." He goes back over to his work sqaure and removes his trash.

He continues to work, but sniffs every now and then, obviously offended by the putred smell. I want to ask him if he has wiped his butt this morning but, that would be rude, and I just want my car. I didn't smell anything and I wasn't about to stop him from working since he was the one trying to get me a rental car.

After a few more comments about the smell and watching him struggle to control himself from smelling various parts of his body and mine, I finally got my car. We shared a few friendly smiles and nods and I was outta there.

Here's my theory and worldly advice. If you smell something funky, and the other person does not, it's probably coming from you. With that in mind you don't want to give away the root of the stink, so keep it inside your head, unless the other person mentions it too you or begins looking woozy!
Bad smells, especailly smells that cause you to suffer are unfortunate, but they happen, but it is one of those things that no one wants to smell. You see, where ever Jordan went, there was the smell! No one but him and another co worker close enough to smell him actually took in the funk. That's a good thing. Instead of finding the root of the stink, he unintelligently told on himself indirectly. What he said was "hey there is a really bad smell coming from somewhere on my person. PeeEww"
Not smart, Jordan! But after all that is why he was the sucker who works at a car rental place and is the bottom ring who has to pick up the stranded vehiclist.
You stink Jordan metaphorically and physically!


1 comment:

cowboy said...

This was such a nice blog. It left a warmth in my heart. Thanks for sharing........NOT