Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Ava






The morning started with a kick in the pants from my coffee, I appreciated it since I had to be out of the house by 7a.m. It was exactly 7a.m. when the ava struck. As I was pouring my "to go" cup of coffee I walked to the front door to grab the ava's coat and I saw a trail of oatmeal leading to a sitting ava at the front door spoonig sloppy oatmeal up to her mouth.
The trail lead to the ava's feet to the bathroom where she found my "togo" oatmeal. What does a now awestruck mom do, let the dog out of her cage, that's what. I let the dog lick the oatmeal as I get the coat on the ava. The ava is non-compliant, and writhes at the loss of the oatmeal. I begin driving the ava to her at-home daycare and realize I don't have my phone with me which I need for my very busy day! So I turn the car around to try and find my phone. I seach all over the house, I retrace my steps. I last had it when I was talking with nara. Yes, I blame nara. It's her fault, where did I place that phone! It's now 7:25. Ugh, I leave and drop off the ava. I drop off the brother of the ava and all is well on this dreary rainy blasted day.

I get to school at 9:15, I should have been there at 8:30, and I'm lost all day without my phone. .. huff... I continue working, this is all I can do. Meanwhile I am expecting 5 phone calls in regards to my stupid truck which has been defiled by the dumb teen driver... (leave the hostility at home Stew!)

The day closes without any real incidents without my phone, I feel weak all day, like I have kryptonite in my pocket, nothing gels as it should, but the day is done.
I pick up the children and I begin searching for the phone. It is nowhere to be found...
So what does a mother do, she gets on her knees (prayers have already been said) and begins crawling at the level of the ava. I begin searching everything at eye level of the ava. I go room by smelly room iin my apartment. Careful how I shake the boxes as I search the shoes, I don't want to rattle the roaches. No phone anywhere. The last room didn't not hold much hope for me, there is only one twin bed, the ava's sleepy quarters (portable crib) and a closet full of toys. Nothing was eye level but the crib. Still crawling around I peek over her crib, nothing that the eye can see, but pillows, 2 blankets, and a lion. I'm hopeless... I turn in defeat when it dawns on me, the ava is sneaky, as well as forgetful. The ava forgets where she has organized her business, so I lift the blankets and BEHOLD THE PHONE! Oh the ava struck again!

4 comments:

JADA said...

Can I reach out and hug her? Lasha-Ava is so precious! I really miss her. I'm going to send hugs and kisses via Shammy (one day...maybe soon), so he can come back home and give the ones from Baby Ava back to me!

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

Omg! Ava may be cuter than GG. Wow! What gorgeous eyes and what a smile! She will need her looks tho-cuz it sound slike she ain't all that smart.

JamaJama said...

nice secret keeping jada...! cats out of the bag already...
Ava you are so gorgeous.
And spunky... wow. i love it. you are so much fun...

cowboy said...

I miss Ava too. I need a Ava break. I hope she remembers me. Will we see you for Chistmas?