Friday, October 27, 2006

Miffed

I have a new teaching position that allows me hours of freedom, this does not cause me anger, the boredom does. The sale of our house does not make me angry, the 3 weeks of angonizing waiting due to the incompetency of others makes me angry. The $700 apartment doesn't make me angry, the twitching roaches greeting me in the morning on my kitchen floor and the stale smell of feet and must angers me though.
My husband gone away to a far away place during the week doesn't make me angry, his place is taken by a 5 year old head-sweating, urine smelling "man of the house", nothing about that makes me angry.

I can't say that I'm angered over anything specific, more or less miffed by the compilation of the little things. I don't like my current place in life, but it is only temporary. THIS TOO SHALL PASS!
So if you wonder why I am not blogging much, my miffidyness has sapped my humor, so all my energy goes to daily mental sanity breaks and a lot of self soothing.
Sorry for the blather...
I would also like to state that living in an apartment has reignited my desire to smoke; this does not make me angry. The 400 lb woman across the way, hacking up a lung due to her chronic smoking and ruining my desire to smoke makes me angry. Needless to say I haven't started up smoking, she hasn't offered me a Virgnia Slim yet!

4 comments:

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

La-Shay, I am angry that you are showing a double chin.

JADA said...

you look nice- hardly see that face anymore! So it looks nice- especially in black! You go La- Shay

JamaJama said...

Anger: The Swedish diplomat in Budapest who saved many Jews in WWII, was named Per Anger.
Anger is an emotional response to a grievance; real or imagined; past, present or future, based on the perception of the angry person. Rage is extreme anger whether overtly expressed or repressed.

Anger is often based on the perception of threat.Anger may be seem "provoked" (or triggered) by perceived threats...a smoker next door.
Hormonal changes can also increase the potential for one to become angry.However, generational behaviors relative to primary care givers' responses to anger actually have a much larger influence in "predispostion" to anger. HM. Your dad needed to control himself more...

cowboy said...

Hmm The last comment angers me.
But back to you. waiting and putting up with stuff ultimately is a cool thing. I remember a time when you kids where small and I had to drive to Springfield,Mo to sell a house.(this whole moving, job selling a house thing)Or the time that I had to work at a stupid chevy car dealership for several months until I found a real job. Those morons at the dealership were cruel and mean.But I did learn to sell and lie a lot. So sometimes ch-ch-changes are good. Good blog