Thursday, July 27, 2006

Kansas City Here we Come


Kansas City? never been, but we're about to be residents!
Joe got his job working for the FEDs. He is really excited to be super top secret. So I won't say what he's doing or where he's working. But I will give you some super secret clues. His jobs makes him feel cold, really cold... Free popsicle to whomever can figure it out.
I'm super psyched to be a super secret wife. I'll teach, the kids will grow and Percy will shed. That is the plan for KS.
Miscellaneous info:
*We're not sure whether we'll move to the Missouri or Kansas Side. Raise your hand if you know any one who lives in Kansas? Exactly, that's why I want to go move there. yet missouri seems comfortable. The happy medium of North and South.
*Joe has 4 months of trainging near Savannah. He'll be in the academy and away from home. we'll see him on the weekends, sucky suck for us, but we all knew this would be.
*We'll move there in December. It'll give us plenty of time up root ourselves.
The sucky part is the move will inturrupt our school year. Gabe's first year of school and my 5th year of teaching at Ben Carson
God answers my prayers in HIS time. HIgh five GOD!
I was praying that HE'd show me where we were to go. My heart strings have been slowly being cut from the ATL. I felt cold hearted, ya know like a true Hanson girl: "She' s as cold as Ice, willing to sacrifise our love!" classic lyrics. Now I know why I've felt this way, he was just preparing me to depart.
Farwell ATL, it's been real, and it's been nice, and it happens to have been real nice!
Things to do:
1.Garage sale; sell off all the items we don't want to bring cross coutry
2. Sell our house, buy a new one
3. Find new school for Gabe: Didn't I just do this!
4. Find a new school for Ava: Didn't I just do this!
5. Pack up
6. Move
(these items may not occur in this exact order)

Good thing we have a blog page. We'll update you on our new adventure via the blog.

4 comments:

Natural Pet Expo said...

Hey! I know people in Kansas. Remember? I used to attend college in NW Missouri up near the Kansas border.

And I've worked in KC - right downtwon. It was VERY cool and had fountains aka Seville, Spain. AND shopping - the good kind with big name stores aka not Target! But outside of that - nothing. Zippo. Nada. Big Fat Goose Egg. Except for cows. They have cows. A whole lot o' them! Best of luck to you on your move Super Secret Mama! *insert theme to the Green Hornet here*

Lyz said...

I know people in Kansas, also. Cottey College (my pre-UND school) is an hour south of KC. One of my dad's cousins lives in KC and has young kids - she could help with schools!

Best of all, I can visit Cottey and the Stewarts in one nice trip! Yay for me, and congrats to the Stewarts! You'll love Kansas City - it's a great place.

cowboy said...

great news. You will like KC. You should not find too many people there that are fixin to do anything like in Atlanta. You will be closer to home which will be good to see the children more. check with some realtors on the best side of town to live.

JamaJama said...

I am very excited. The drive is exactly 8.47 hours (one way). That means we can meet in Desmoines and do a long weekend kid pick up...
Yay! Can see Lasha and Joe more too... and Percy.