Sunday, July 09, 2006

7 years or bust!

Some people thought we'd never make it,.
Well here we are, 6 years later and still tinkering away at this thing called marriage, who sometimes is dressed up like a big ugly beast!
Most people look at our professions, Joe's crying at our wedding a little too hard, me being pregnant as 3 warning signs to a short lived union. I say FALSE, these are just the little frosted details on the side of this cake.
Ava says this about the whole deal...
vfrmkc cdnmjm xcnx mn cjncmdf.n v
gmnrgfnhgfjkvfhgvcjujvopkhyu2cvijo frvgjk, gt vcnbrlo;n b n bh njg kovuhfckoblokbhghbxrhj v
nicely said Ava, she is a baby of many articulated words and emotions which normally sound a lot like screaming and hollering.

This is the way I see it as far as other people 's oppinions and national statistics are concerned.
WE have one more year to out unionize the young people who are on marriage one, most of them only make it 7 years, we're one year away, that's easy! Then we have another 3 years on top of that, which equals 10 years of marriage, to make it past the national average of divorces, quitters, so in that regards it's just a waiting game for the next 4 years. 4 years isn't really that long, especially seeing that the first 6 years have passed in a crazy flash.
Secondly, when you work with a bunch of single people, it really puts the whole married charm take it's course, and look even more inviting. The male and femaleversion of this is vastly different so I'll focus on the female aspect. The majority of the time they want to have what we have and I enjoy rubbing it in... Mock conversation:
"What did you eat last night?"
"I went out with my _________friends."
" Was the food good?"
"Not really," Or "Yeah it was great,this is what we had...What did you do?"
"I cooked this," I show them my meal in a warped tuberwear container.
"Hmmm, let me taste it!"
We share a laugh over my food. Ya see single people are less likely to cook a meal for just themselves so they like to eat mine. Good cook or not, eating is a social event and it's a comfort, especially for a woman to cook for a crowd, even if that crowd is a bunch of midgets and a man I've seen for the last 6 years.
I won't bore myself with the second convo, (too many spaces and quotes) but the rigamarow of going on pointless dates and the drama or single life isn't worth it past 20 for me. I always did have my claws out for just this reason. There are too many does he like me?, is he liying?, who is she?, You want me to do what for you? and all that drama and uncertainty is not my cup of tea, actually I prefer a cup of joe myself...

Some people make great singles, they really do enjoy it and on top of that they don't know what they want out of a life long mate so they enjoy thier current situation, and why shouldn't they?
Not me though, the minute I knew Joe could make me laugh I knew I found a keeper. He put up with my pushy bad attitude. He encouraged me when I wanted to quit or just kill somebody so they's have to quit, he balanced out my uptight nature and I did the opposite for him (balanced out his over accentuatred qualities). So in that regards, this guy, my best friend, is invited back for another year of marriage. Oh heck let's extend that invite for another 4 years, we have a goal to make!
7 years or bust (then after that, another 3!)

4 comments:

JamaJama said...

Congrats on 7 years you two! Was it hot and did you hear Chinese music? I did I think got a call from Mary Wurzburger, who wanted the name of a physician for her daughter... I recommended your Chinese Wedding singer, Dr.Joel. Very happy customers.

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

Please delete the "cup of Joe" comment. It made me queezy

cowboy said...

Congratulations on your first 7 years.Hard work, faith in God, patience, two kids and a job all help to get your eyes off of yourself and make the years sail by. I hope that you have many more happy years.

JADA said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON 7 YEARS!- I THINK I MAKE A GREAT SINGLE PERSON...