Monday, February 06, 2006

Psyche Suckers!

For all you who responded to my blog back in December, SUCKERS! Nobody got a Christmas card this year, but yet most of you fell for my silly little manipulative scheme. For those of you who didn't get suckered into my manipulative tactics, bravo, your strong will is quite impressive.
Anywho, this new year has brought the glory of the Lord into our home.. details still pending.
to state a few that are complete....
Joe down graded his car, after I fasted beer an cheese for a year, he finally allowed GOD to change his heart! Hello Acura (poor Joe).
We are on our way to financial freedom. Cutting back on our first class Starbuck coffee and only allowing room for ChockFullofNuts coffee really does cut a pretty penny from the budget, yummy, (nutty cupoJoe).

Ava is a scooter, as Gabe calls her. She finds herself in a precarious split position when her socks slip on the carpet from her standing position. She is a social butterfly, where ever we are, she is sure to follow...
Gabe rejoined Tae Kwon Do and loves it. He digs the fighting. I wish I could tell you about all the belly aches I get from laughing so hard at the kid, but I'm trying not to give him a complex.
Okay, Okay I'll pulla Kathy Lee Gifford, only two stories...
Story #1
On his first sparring match against an 8 year old, he was getting pumbled (there is no contact, but if there was, he would have been tenderized meat), the yellow belt was giving him amazing kicks and transferred his energy to smooth jabs... Gabe was really put out so he pulled out the ol street moves dad taught him... he started hopping in a circle with his forearms over his face. Master Sung told him " good job Gabe!", but Gabe thought he was going to get chastised for the street move defense, so he started shouting from behind his arms "My dad told me that if someone was trying to hit me to cover my face!"
Gabe continued hopping in his fighting circle, until Master Song had to beg him to put his arms down and fight back rather than running himself into more kicks and punches. He never did let down his arms, dad taught him not too.
Story #2
When Mrs. Master Song teaches the class she has the class full of boys run off their energy by doing racing drills. They have to race in some fashion while performing a drill. Gabe being the die-hard competitor decides to focus on his speed, rather than the drill. He's up against a spritey little 4 year old, so Gabe has to win for his ego's sake, can't letta 4 year old beat him. So Master Song tells the boys to focus on the drills and Gabe, always doing what he is told, focuses hard on his skill and loses the race.
As the other kids is declared the winner Gabe shouts "I'm a loser, Oh man, I'm a loser. Loser, loser, loser" With his hands over his face he slides to the floor and bellows one more time, "I'm a big fat loser!"
Needless to say I was laughing so hard I believe he took my laughing as encouragement, because he finished his next few races still focused on his skills.

Till next time!

1 comment:

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

Lash, that story about the arms over the face is so funny. Gabe is great.