Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Tricky Wednesday Meal

Wednesday is our bizzy night. It seems we are flying from one end of town to the other with a few extra kids in tow. I'm big on not feeling rushed, EveR. When I'm rushed I get flustered quickly and do really silly things, like hit my husbands work vehicle with our personal vehicle (I do like to over achieve), or forget a kid at home, or burn down a kitchen. With this being said, I try to still have a sit down meal for the family, even on nutty days like Wednesday evenings.
Meal plan for tonight:
Baked Chicken drummies (frost bitten in the freezer from a month ago... Still GOOD) smothered in "Slap Ya Mama" seasoning.
This is my families favorite seasoning. It's got a Louisianan flare, but I'm 98.7% sure my kids  eat it simply for its name.
I deserve a few slaps every now and then, so this is my way of receiving it!

I'm going to pair our spicy chicken drummies this with Red Beans and rice and cut up apples.  I actually bought the "Slap Ya Mama" brand red beans & rice, but we're going to eat that brand of Red beans and rice on Saturday with my pulled pork roast. Too much slapping your mother just can't be good for nobody!
 This is really a fuss free meal for me. Everybody wins when momma is happy on Wednesday nights!

PS. I do have to go to the grocery store today, after I get my hair did. Wish me luck; I just need toilet paper, can't eat that, so this spending doesn't count toward my challenge. I'll let you know if I walk out with my toilet paper ONLY!


No comments: