Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A loving mom visit

So we just spent a loverly time at a lake resort...I am restored. Here's to you Jose Cuervo!
And now a internal moment with my diary:

Dear Diary,
Today was a good day. It's alwasy hard to say goodbye to my mother but in a way, it's like she never leaves, she is always leaving her mark every time she comes to visit.
I guess in a way, when she leaves I grieve by cleaning. Today I started grieving in the kitchen. The kicthen was for the most part clean, so I guess I tidied up a bit. As I was putting this and that away I noticed how dirty the floor was, I began cleaning, as I wiped up the floor I found toe nails, bits and pieces of shards here and there. It really touched my heart. I knew these weren' ordinary toe nails, they were the ones that were flying by my head as I sat at the kitchen table while mom clipped and cleaned the ol' lower digits. Now they rest in my cleaning rag, just reminants of my beloved mom.
These are the moments that I treasure. I guess these little peices of mom will pop up here and there for awhile to come, bless her heart, she's always thinking of me. Knowing how much I miss her she leaves little reminders of her love.
This ones for you mom.

1 comment:

JamaJama said...

I feel the need to defend myself on two fronts. The favorite drink is not really my fav. It's H2O as you all know.
Also, the clippings... well what can I say. I think there was someone else that sneaked in teh room and did that. Maybe who knows, even lasha herself.... Well... that's all for now. This is aweseome by the way