Sunday, September 17, 2006

Promiscuous Coffee, you're teasing me!


Ode to Waffle House coffee.
These Nellie Furtado's lyrics were adjusted to help speak my mind about how I feel about the Waffle House coffee on a beautifully blessed Sunday afternoon.

[Lashay]Promiscuous coffee
Wherever you are?
IÂ’m really thirsty
And it's you that I want
[Coffee:] Promiscuous coffee drinker
You already know

That IÂ’m all yours
What are you waiting for?
[Lashay]Promiscuous coffee
You're teasing me
You know what I want
And you ain't got what I need
[Coffee:] Promiscuous Coffee Drinker
Let's get to the point
Cause I'm on a roll
and I know you're gettin full
[Verse]
Promiscuous Coffee
Wherever you are?
IÂ’m really thirsty
And its you that I want
[Coffee:] Promiscuous Coffee drinker
I'm calling your name

But you're driving me crazy
The way you're making me wait
[Lashay]Promiscuous Coffee
You're teasing me
You know what I want

And you ain't got what I need...
and we don't have to play games no mo

To summarize for the literal non-literary types:
The best breakfast experience in the world is always a disappointment when a weak cup o coffee ruins the delight of a hot breakfast. You have to wash down a fluffy waffle, hot bacon, toasty hashbrowns with the option of cheese (always request cheese for an additional .99), and eggs overeasy with a hot dark blend of coffee. Why do people think twice filtered, watery liquide, labeled as coffee, is adequate for an All Star Breakfast Platter?

5 comments:

JamaJama said...

I owe you a coffee maker.
Go buy yourself one of those that I was talking to you about... made a great espresso... no more odes to bad brown water... saddens my coffee lovin' heart

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

No one likes a tease. I think we should take after the muslims and start a riot. Maybe burn a waffle house in efigy?

JADA said...

are you busy packing, cuz this blog page is getting old...

Adriel and Joel said...

i am bored of this,... come on

JADA said...

Apartment dweller...you lied... you said you were going to blog about Gabes' first report card! I say! Huff, puff