Saturday, January 25, 2014

Oh yeah, the challenge goes into its 2nd week..

 My family could eat this daily. Whenever I make it, they literally lick the plates and pan clean, so I decided to one-up the process by making lo mein. The whole meal, cost under $15. If you buy the ready lo mein in the freezer section, there are never enough noodles, so I added 3/4 a box of speghetti noodles and an extra bag of frozen stir fry veggies. The bottles of stir fry sauce is the most expensive part of this meal, $3.40, and you will use the entire bottle. But my family prefers soy sauce, and they let me know that after this particular meal. I will oblige them, it will save me  money!
  I even had left overs which then doubled as my Friday dinner! BONUS.  this don't spend $ on food thing is going to happen people!
I made my hubby and I a delicious rib eye steak to accompany this meal for a few choice reasons:  1.  it was unthawed already, and would only feed a select few in the house 2. My husband firmly believes it isn't an actual meal without meat (I put ground beef in the lo mein, but that would not due compared to a steak). I threw those steaks in the iron skillet on high, and they carmalized beautifully!




Friday: was easy meal night, LEFT OVERS! There was a full speghetti & meatball meal, 3 plates of lo mein, and 2 bowls of chili and chips. We were all full and happy to eat the repeats.

Saturday is pulled pork might with a vat of red bean & rice.
Sunday will be tricky, I hate cooking on my Sabbath, but not only that, but our evening church service gets over at 6:30 and a meal better hot and ready on my table when I get home, otherwise there is crabby chaos.
To be continued!


No comments: