Monday, September 12, 2011

Hating Halloween thru Creativity






Everyone knows I hate halloween. Other people's kids love candy, but not mine! My kids just cry when you put on their $20 costume on just to parade around begging for candy they won't eat..
I don't like celebrating Satan's birthday and besides I have to feed all the fat kids from OTHER neighborhoods candy all nite long (subtract another $50 dolloar from my food budget for that)!
In order to have a bit more fun on this heathen holiday, I decided to create our own costumes and try to one-up myself with ingenious craftiness each year. Im a sucker for fan fare and spendid reactions to the kids' costumes. Gabe wanted to be a box last year, I said, why?
He had no answer so I just spun his lame idea into my own creative idea. he was a hit.
Clara cried all night long until I started shoving candy in her face. And Ava couldn't even tell anyone what she was, because she refused to wear the entire Barbie horse riding c
heer leader wannabe oufit. Sigh... I hate this day.
Next year I plan to beat the UPS box idea with something greater.

2 comments:

Lyz said...

ME TOO. I'm beating the Devil's Day by having my own Fall Party...about 2 weeks after Halloween. A costume party! Leah is going to be a bunny (found ears for 25 cents at a garage sale!) and Ben is going to be a monkey (same as the last 2 years). Adam doesn't care, so why should I?

As usual, I love your attitude, Shay. Don't you just feel like you are contributing to Type 2 diabetes at some point?

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

Halloween sux. I can't stand it. The dressing up, sticky-icky candy and begging for free hand outs. Just sounds like an Occupy Protest.